This course introduces an overview of the theoretical framework of ISTDP, the current evidence base and key techniques used in this approach.
Videotaped ISTDP clinical vignettes are used to illustrate interventions. Through role-play, participants have the opportunity to put these techniques into practice.
- The metapsychology of ISTDP
- Establishing an effective focus for psychotherapy
- Pathways of unconscious anxiety
- Recognising maladaptive defence patterns that undermine therapeutic success
- The importance of working with core emotions related to attachment trauma
This programme is suitable for clinicians working in NHS as well as private settings. Participants must be qualified mental health professionals registered with a professional body (eg: psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists or counsellors)