Emotional dysregulation is implicated as a common factor across many psychological disorders. Difficulties in emotional processing can range from detachment to explosive discharge of emotion.
Evidence indicates that those therapies that address attachment trauma, have better outcomes.
ISTDP is an emotion focused therapy focused on helping patients to process core emotions related to attachment trauma. This seminar will look at theory and technique around emotional processing in ISTDP
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- Attachment trauma and its impact on emotional processing
- Identifying core emotions
- Somatic signalling of emotion
- Identifying barriers to emotional experiencing in session
- Strategies to facilitate deepening of emotional experience