The talk focuses on the concept of unconscious anxiety and the way in which anxiety symptoms are a gateway to accessing unconscious emotion. I will also demonstrate how symptoms of anxiety are used to guide therapeutic interventions in attachment-based ISTDP.
The seminar will start from first principles and is suitable for clinicians new to ISTDP or in early phases of learning. More experienced clinicians wanting a refresher are also welcome!
The following topics will be covered:
• links between attachment trauma and development of anxiety symptoms
• the physiology of unconscious anxiety
• how to diagnose and assess severity of anxiety pathways
• Specific regulatory techniques used in AB-ISTDP to treat anxiety symptoms
• Working effectively with anxiety to deepen emotional processing in session
There will be opportunity for questions and discussion. I will also be available for 30 minutes after the seminar if participants have questions about training further with ISTDP London.
For further information please email: email@example.com
This seminar is open to clinicians registered with a professional body or registered trainees. No prior knowledge of ISTDP is required.
20 places are available. To register please go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/anxiety-as-a-gateway-to-the-unconscious-tickets-103585759796